- Italy to face Uruguay in Under-20 World Cup final
Italy and Uruguay will each be bidding for a first Under-20 World Cup title when the countries meet in the final on Sunday.
- 'He was a character,' Canada's Bret 'Hitman' Hart remembers the late Iron Sheik
Bret Hart's longtime connection with the late Iron Sheik was first made in the early 1970s when an Iranian amateur wrestler -- real name Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri -- came to Calgary to learn from promoter Stu Hart.
- Canada's Drew Nesbitt back where he belongs after taking golf hiatus
Drew Nesbitt was getting tired of swinging a hammer. After some time away, he's back doing what he loves -- swinging a golf club.
- Belmont cancels racing, Nationals postpone game due to poor air quality from wildfires in Canada
Racing at Belmont Park was cancelled and the Washington Nationals' home game against the Arizona Diamondbacks was postponed Thursday due to poor air quality from wildfires in Canada.
- Brazilian curling champion pleads guilty to B.C. sex crimes involving underage victims
A youth curling coach who was a three-time Brazilian champion in the sport has pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual interference, according to authorities in B.C.
- Unseeded Karolina Muchova beats No. 2 Aryna Sabalenka at the French Open for 1st Grand Slam final
Aryna Sabalenka, held a match point while ahead 5-2 in the third set, but Karolina Muchova erased that with a forehand winner. That began a run in which Muchova collected 20 of the last 24 points.
- Lionel Messi’s signing sparks sharp rise in Inter Miami ticket prices
On Wednesday, soccer superstar Lionel Messi said he’s going to join the Major League Soccer club Inter Miami, a blockbuster announcement that shocked the sporting world — more so since it followed rumours of a lucrative deal in Saudi Arabia and reports of a move back to Barcelona, the team that made him famous.
- Andreescu, Venus fall short in mixed doubles final at French Open
Bianca Andreescu was content with the effort despite coming up just short of a second career Grand Slam title on Thursday.
- Vancouver Whitecaps celebrate back-to-back Canadian Championship win
Whitecaps head coach Vanni Sartini jumped to chants in front of supporters while players and coaches streamed on to the field at B.C. Place, tearing off their shirts and hugging one another to celebrate a back-to-back Canadian Championship win.
- Budweiser brewer renews with FIFA to 2026 despite World Cup stadium beer ban in Qatar
Budweiser will still be the official World Cup beer through the 2026 tournament in the United States, after brewer AB InBev renewed with FIFA on Thursday despite a troubled time with men’s 2022 World Cup host Qatar.
- Power broker Jimmy Dunne with 9/11 history helped get PGA and Saudis to the table
PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan and Governor of Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund Yasir Al-Rumayyan announced a blockbuster commercial partnership that seemed so unfathomable only a few months ago because they were adversaries in the bitter antitrust lawsuit initiated by Saudi-funded LIV Golf.
- Indian wrestlers demanding arrest of sports official for sexual abuse, suspend protests
Elite wrestlers who are demanding the resignation and arrest of India's wrestling federation president for allegedly sexually harassing young athletes have suspended their protests after the country's sports minister promised a swift investigation.
- Jays reliever Bass meets with Pride Toronto director after apologizing for post
Blue Jays pitcher Anthony Bass said he's "in a better place moving forward" after speaking with Pride Toronto's executive director in the wake of his social media post that supported anti-2SLGBTQ+ boycotts.
- Heat, following similar script as Game 1, lose to Nuggets in Game 3 with poor shooting
Those open looks Miami kept knocking down three nights earlier in Denver just wouldn't go down back home.
- No homecoming for Messi as Barcelona again fails to do enough to lure him back
Once again, Barcelona couldn't do enough to entice Lionel Messi.